My project is no longer about GFW. It's about saving the net.

Posted On // Leave a Comment

It's been a bit too long since my last post. I've been getting freaking stellar feedback from the folks here, I'm hoping that will continue. I read recently that folks in the USA on VERIZON FIBER OPTIC connections can't use netflix. Simply not okay.


This is going to be a quick & dirty style, I'm not much of a pro with code, but pretty good at using it in new and interesting ways, and getting better at writing / interpreting it every day.


The topology of the Internet has always been its saving grace. I'm genuinely concerned that at this point it is getting a bit too centralized. I've 3 ideas that should help to counter this:


1) P2P VPN (Implementation details to follow-- trying all current implementations, if you're aware of a P2P VPN, please do reply with its name, because I'd like to test it out.

2) A "router" that spawns VPNs from VPSes & works on finding the best route (and in some use-cases, learns the best route from the P2P network) 3) An inverse cloud of personal servers. Instead of everyone needs to put their things into the corporate, information analyzed cloud in order to be in the cloud, everyone can self-host and know that their content is backed up, encrypted, on other people's disks.


So:


Yes, still doing the self-spawning insta-VPN based on VPSes. Curious if there are independent hosts out there that have implemented Pay Per Hour & digitalocean style node spawning features.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment