Best way to auto scale

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Hello everyone!


I have an idea, and I want to run it past you guys before I pursue it. I have a digital ocean account and I want to use that to build an auto scaling platform. I was thinking of having a small node monitoring all the other nodes(which are behind a load balancer) and when the server load average across all the servers reaches a certain threshold spins up another machine... It would work the same way when there is not much of a load on the network to scale back down.


First off, what's getting me is all of the web servers need to be running the same version of my application when they spin up.


Second off, when I update my application, all running servers need to update as well.


Third thing, all of the web servers need to be configured and launched with my web application installed within 5 minutes of the digital ocean api call.


Any suggestions?


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment