Trademarked Domain Names, what to do?

Posted On // 1 comment

Hey,


With Alpnames giving out free .science names I got myself a few of those as well. With a few, I mean 374 of them.


When I ran out of Ideas, I used my scraper script to scrape top sites from Alexa, changed .com/net/org etc with a .science and bulk registered the rest.


Along with regular names, it seems I have registered a LOT of trademarked domains. Such as visa, netflix, paypal, hotmail, newegg, comcast etc. The list goes on.


Here you can see the list: http://ift.tt/1DWJgiX


Now, barely a day has passed and I got my first email regarding a domain I registered. Netflix was fast to send me an email with the title of: "Cease & desist the use of NETFLIX.science"


My question is, what should I do?

Should I just say OK and drop the name? Or else?


It's not like I'm hosting anything with those domains, yet...


PS: I didn't open this thread to discuss the morality of registering bulk domains.


PS2: Send me a PM if you're interested in hosting something in one of those domains. If I have no plans for it, I can redirect them to you.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

1 comment:

  1. Nice article thanks for sharing these....
    Frequently asked IOT Interview Questions with detailed answers .Here myTectra prepared top 60 important IOT interview questions with answers.
    Karuthamuthu
    .NET Web API Interview Questions with detailed answers for beginners and professional ASP.NET developers.Read it and Get Ready for your interview.

    ReplyDelete