GVH - GreenValueHost... another review

Posted On // Leave a Comment

So... in the past I had a VPS with them, located in NY. All was ok even though I hardly used the machine. The other day I got this offer dropped in my inbox about a pre-sale for dedi's and VPS in the Netherlands. Now, that was more like what I was looking for. So, I decided to go for 2 machines (both VPS).... there so far the nightmare started. Machines were stuck in pending. So, after waiting for a day, I decided to e-mail Jon directly. Got a reply saying that they'd expect activation in 24-48 hrs... So after waiting for 3 days in total (48hrs + first lost day), I decided to open up an official ticket to sales. Explained the whole situation, being nice, giving them a great chance to make things up. Also kindly asked them to extend my billing period with the lost days so far. 6 Hours later a reply, stating the machines should be activated that same day. That's more or less it. Just a oneliner as a reply. No excuses or anything. Great, awesome..... if that only were true. Next day I'd updated the ticket, saying I still haven't got any activated machine and explained I was starting to loose my confidence in them/ Few hours later; hey an update...... "Services have been activated".. again no excuses or nothing.


Yay! I could get to work on it! So, I ssh into one machine..... my password is not accepted. Hmmmm weird.....so I try the other machine.... same issue. Ok, I log into my panel and try to reset the passwords for both machines. I immediatly notice that my bandwidth doesn't match the pre-sale action.... pity pity pity. So I continue to try and reset the password for both machines: I get an unknown error. I'm starting to get a little annoyed now....so I boot the machines..... to no avail. I decide to connect the serial console: hey an unknown error occured! Once again.


In total...waiting for about 5 days now to get 2 simple machines up and running. I'm crying...


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment