Software company that needs fast speed on demand, large transfers

Posted On // Leave a Comment

I've been working on a project this week, trying to come up with the most cost effective way to host downloads for a software company that makes some games. The games are between 3-6GB in size. On average, they sell 10-20 games a day, but when they release updates and new products, the downloads could be up to 1000 in a day easy.


My rough idea would be to get several cheap dedicated servers on 1G ports and then run Amazon Route 53 for DNS load balancing. CDN fees are just too expensive at 25 cents a gig. DigOcean only charges 0.02 per GB which would make my max cost 12 cents per download. I could use 10 of them if I had to.


I don't have enough bandwidth at my DC to handle the high loads.


Any other ideas?


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment