running css server on a vps

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Hey,


I would like to host two little counter-strike sources servers as I didn't find a server running these two game mods. The servers have 16 slots each, although there won't be more than 8 players normally as the servers are quite new and unknown. I already ran one server on a VPS with 2 Core (800Mhz capped) and 256MB ram. This worked fine. Now I switched over to a VPS with the following specs:



1 core (2100Mhz)

384MB Memory

192MB Swap



Running both gameservers (without players) + debian needs about 175MB ram, which is fine. I don't expect that more players need more than 210MB ram. But I noticed that the VPS is switching the css servers from ram to vswap after some time. I assume that happens because the css servers are empty, anyway I think that the VPS doesn't switch them back to ram if there are players. My question is now, would it make sense to ask my provider to disable my vSwap so it always runs in ram? Futhermore, do you have any suggestions regarding hosting css servers on a VPS?


Thanks :)


http://lowendtalk.com/discussions/feed.rss

0 comments:

Post a Comment