VPS specs good for a personal VPN

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Advice on VPS specs good for a personal VPN please!


I am 100% newbie and have zero knowledge on VPS. So please give me the detailed advice in layman’s terms.


Optimal VPS specs for a Softether VPN server:


cpu core RAM/vSwap storage: disk space (for a personal VPN, does SSD make a difference?) IPv4/IPv6: (does shared IPv4 affect connection speed? How important is IPv6?) recommended OS: 32 bits or 64 bits?


I am more interested in the optimal requirements than the minimal ones. I don’t want to pinch a few pennies and get frustrated by the limitation. While I have several devices (1 pc, 1 mac, 1 windows tablet, 1 iphone, 1 ipad, 1 android phone, 1 android tablet and one dd-wrt router) I use only one actively most of the time. If simultaneous connection of several devices bogs down VPS resources, I can disconnect all the idle ones.


TIA!


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment