Transfer large data files... scheduled/ automatic basis

Posted On // 1 comment

I need to receive medium to large volumes of data from multiple clients. This data transfer is a file which needs to be consumed. I am not comfortable hosting a FTP server at my side. I am thinking about some type of "webservice" where clients, on an automated basis post the data files and my service consumes it and saves it for further processing


a. What are some of the advantages/ disadvantages of hosting a webservice which can consume a huge chunk of data? b. what are some other means of achieving data consumption from different clients on an automated scheduled basis? c. All options need to be secure


Any pointers appreciated.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

1 comment:

  1. FTP is out of question to transfer large files. I have used Binfer to transfer large files with Binfer several times and recommend it highly. This is good way to transfer large files.

    ReplyDelete