Best "Free" Opensource alternatives to MS Exchange Mail

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Opensource has come long way now, and MS Exchange being an open protocol now, I've seen alot of happening over the alternatives. However they are confusing and some really cost down the line. Are any of the members here using good alternatives that work natively on Exchange protocol aka ActiveSync.



I want to mention I'm looking for absolutely free packages here.


Mobile Devices Synchronization is important.


Most important is **Good SPAM handling **


A good intuitive backend administration panel to create/edit/del Domains and underlying accounts. Setup mail Admins per domain and give them total control of their domains.



some of the things I tried





  1. Zentyal -- looks most promising, but is a mess, never was able to get past its network configuration




  2. Sogo.nu -- Zentyal uses Sogo, but its complicated to setup and the documentation/support is horrendous.




  3. Zimbra -- never tried... is the Free version really good ? Can it handle 250-300 accounts in mutli-domain setup?




  4. Something I'm just trying now, Looks most promising and some of the members in my earlier threads vouched for it. Looks good!




  5. OpenChange -- Zentyal and Sogo wrap this under the hood, is it easy to setup? how efficient is it ?




  6. Open-Xchange -- Not free I presume, but if it performs well at a reasonable price, I can consider.





Please feel free to add to this list.


thanks alot.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment