Is 650 days much on harddrives in a server?

Posted On // Leave a Comment

As some has seen in other threads, I got me a Hetzner Intel Core i7-3770, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 3 TB server via serverbidding yesterday. When I check S.M.A.R.T I can see that the disk (an most likely the server) has been online for around 650 days. They are using Toshiba drives.


Is this much for a server? Personally I have disks that has been on for over 2000 days on one of my home servers (just replaced now) and there has been no issues at all. My experience is that if a disk fails, it fails within a year, if not, it almost never fails. (I have around 30 disks running 24/7/365 at home).


What do you think? Whats normal for second hand servers? I can see at on my Kimsufi KS-3 server the disk has only been on for 66 days now. So most likely the server is just 66 days old, or they have replaced the disk.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment