Need some help, how to get extra IPs to work with Hyper-V?

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Sorry for my many questions thees days, but I have a little project, so I need help from this fine forum.


I have got my Hetzner server up and running with Windows Server R2 (I know most of you hate Windows, but I like it on this project. Using Linux on all other VPS servers I have) Got three extra IP's from Hetzner, so I have four all together. One for the main server, and three I planning to use on my VMs.


I have then created a Windows Server VM with Hyper-V. There I have manually typed in one of the extra IPs with subnetmask and gateway + I have tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as DNS and I have tried the three DNS servers Hetzner uses on my main server. Still, the VM has no internet connection.


The network card on my main server is running as DHCP, is this the issue? Shall I change this to static IP (using the main IP) and then add the three extra IPs on my main network card?


Or is it any settings in Hyper-V I have to do?


I also have the option the create own MACs for each extra IP, is that something I should do?


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment