Network Outages, whats reasonable ?

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Hi,


I have a big ram vps with a well renowned host here, I just started utilizing it recently though I have had it for almost half an year now.


I have worked with multiple vps for over a decade now but this is the first time I have come across this situation. In the last week alone I have had over 40 outages, usually lasting from few seconds to a minute. I get down alert sms/emails daily, i have checked it from multiple sources , the network goes down for everybody not a particular isp. Its more of an annoying nuisance than a real problem because the downtime is not long. Whats weird is, it somehow just gets severe when I am accessing the server or uploading files :s


I discussed it with the provider and they said that the uptime was still above 99% and they didnt offer any SLA/uptime guarantee . They are right with the uptime %.


Is this acceptable ? I have vps from almost every provider on LET, they do have downtime but of a different nature usually for rare updates or hardware problems but the frequency is not this high !


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment