Looking for reliable VPS in Atlanta

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Hey All,


I have a 3-node MariaDB Galera cluster that's running on a Delimiter dedicated server and two 6GB RAM HostUS VPSes (on different physical servers). The cluster relies on consensus voting/quorum, so for the cluster to work, at least two nodes must be alive and well. To avoid split-brain, the cluster refuses to function as soon as two of the three nodes are down.


Anyway, to keep the story short, while HostUS is pretty good overall, I just hit this problem now, and my apps died as a result. My two VPSes are still down as we speak.


Before you ask "did you file a ticket?", I'd like to first say that this isn't a HostUS complaint. This is me wanting to become more robust, and have another VPS in the mix to help me maintain quorum.


In short, if you have any good high-RAM offers in Atlanta, I'm all ears. I really would like low latency to both Delimiter and HostUS; Galera is sensitive to that. If anyone could match the HostUS offer, that'd be ideal, but not required.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment