Looking for KVM VPS for small VPN (EU)

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Hi there,


I'm looking for a KVM VPS to host a few services in a VPN (~5-10 clients).

It should be located in the EU, because the clients will connect mostly from there. Preferable NL, but I am flexible on that. The services to run are the following:



  • IPSec / L2TP VPN server

  • mail-server with encrypted mailboxes

  • XMPP-server

  • private (!) Tor bridge (not an Exit Node)


The services will be used from just 5-10 personally known clients. No public service.

I need a KVM because I want to put dropbear into the initramfs, thus I can encrypt the whole volume and unlock it on boot (I know they could freeze the memory to get the passphrases, but it's not to get perfect security or to hide any illegal content, it's just to make a little obstacle against any human curiosity).

Maybe also a small mumble server for the same amount of clients, but I am unsure how much processing power is needed for this.

Since I am unsure how much memory/processing power all these services in conjunction will consume, I am open for your proposals. Traffic beginning at 1 TB should be good, storage is not very important, anything > 20 GB.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment