Zpanel Domain Management

Posted On // 1 comment

Hi, in my experience in the past with cPanel, after pointing my nameservers to my cPanel host, I can completely control my domain via cPanel. Now with Zpanel, I've installed zPanel on my VPS, so I don't have nameservers, only a IP. I followed the zPanel instructions and created this records on my domain registrar but whenever I make changes to the domain within zPanel, they never properly save. For example, earlier I attempted to create a sub-domain of billing.mydomain.com, and made a cname record for it too, but it never resolved. After talking with zPanel support, they told me "the registrar always needs to know where to point the domains you have registrered through them


even with cPanel you still have to have it pointed correctly at the registrar" . So, I created the record within my registrar and it worked. I'm starting to assume that this is because I don't have nameservers and merely pointed my IP to my Zpanel installation. So is it not possible for me to control the domain via zPanel because of this?


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant blog post. What i was actually looking for the past 2 hours. Thanks for the share and really treasure your effort.
    w3 plans vps

    ReplyDelete