Should I let my provider know?

Posted On // Leave a Comment

New Host Specifications: SDD / 1 Gbps



wget http://ift.tt/1auE1UP -O - -o /dev/null|bash
CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHz
Number of cores : 4
CPU frequency : 2000.222 MHz
Total amount of ram : 512 MB
Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
System uptime : 13:40,
Download speed from CacheFly: 9.30MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.52MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 8.91MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.76MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.36MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 6.55MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.05MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 9.09MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.00MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.81MB/s
I/O speed : 160 MB/s

Old Host Specifications: HDD / 1 Gbps



wget http://ift.tt/1auE1UP -O - -o /dev/null|bash
CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz
Number of cores : 1
CPU frequency : 3300.169 MHz
Total amount of ram : 512 MB
Total amount of swap : 512 MB
System uptime : 1 day, 23:40,
Download speed from CacheFly: 95.0MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 67.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 104MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.5MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 12.5MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 46.4MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.83MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 38.0MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 47.9MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 15.9MB/s
I/O speed : 375 MB/s

I think my old host put me on a 10 Gbps port, because my new host gave me 1 Gbps Port and its 1/10th of it's speed. I also noticed fast I/O speed on my old host, which was not using SSD. Both are in California.


Am I obliged to tell my old host they may have given me a 10 Gbps port and SSD features, when they promised less? Or is it standard for host to sometimes give better performance than ordered? I am new comer so, not really sure what to do.


Weird though, I haven't logged onto my server for several hours and I didn't restart it, but it says 13:40 up time....


Yeah sure, I have better hardware at new host and location is same, but my websites load much much slower. Maybe it has to get to the new host, so I'll give it some time.


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment