Bad experience with ChicagoVPS

Posted On // Leave a Comment

I'd like to share a bad experience I had with ChicagoVPS. I was trying to setup pptpd on my OpenVZ VM. This is the kind of support I got:



Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 (13:31)patrick dumais || Client Hi I need to enable PPP on my VM but cannot find where that settings is. I see a Control Panel button but I have no clue what the username/password should be. I tried the credentials I use to enter the client area and it doesn't work.


**Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 (13:45)James Burkowitz || Staff ** Hello We have enabled PPP on your VPS.


Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 (14:39)patrick dumais || Client Thank you, pardon my ignorance but when I modprobe ppp_generic I still get FATAL: Module ppp_generic not found. is that normal or am I missing something? I thought that enabling ppp would solve that.


Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 (16:26)James Burkowitz || Staff Hello, Your issue is being looked into right now.


Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 (11:16)patrick dumais || Client Thank you, do you have an ETA for that?


**Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 (13:07)James Burkowitz || Staff **Hello Please check now . we have enabled PPP .


**Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 (13:21)patrick dumais || Client **Still no luck


**Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 (16:19)James Burkowitz || Staff **Hello, Please check it now.


**Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 (19:54) patrick dumais || Client **No. same thing


Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 (21:09)patrick dumais || Client is PPP support supposed to be compiled in kernel or as a loadable module? because I have no such module I can load


Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (00:16)James Burkowitz || Staff Hello Patrick, Sorry for inconvenience. Your issue has been fixed now.


**Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (06:27)patrick dumais || Client ** Still doesn't work.


Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (07:23)patrick dumais || Client I just bought another VM running on KVM instead. Never mind OpenVZ, I hope it will work on that one. How long before the KVM VM is activated?



So after all this, I decided to buy a new VM that would run on KVM so I could get complete control over my kernel, so I don't have to put up with that kind of support:



Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (16:00)patrick dumais || Client My new KVM VM does not allow me to login because the default root password shown on my control panel does not work. Also, would it be possible to move that VM to new jersey please?


Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (16:34)patrick dumais || Client By the way, by "moving the VM" to new jersey, I don't mean to move the actual image since I can't login with root anyway. I don't mind rebuilding it once in new jersey. As long as the provided initial root password works though.


patrick dumais || Client Is it possible to get a refund on this VM? These delays are not working out for me. I've been trying to setup a pptp VPN for the past two days and thought I could work around it by getting this new VM but now I'm just having new problems. I cannot login because the root password is invalid and I get a message saying "Not supported for this virtualization type" when I try to change it. If it is possible, I'd like to cancel that VM please.


Thursday, August 21st, 2014 (21:40)James Burkowitz || Staff Hello, I am assigning your ticket to our billing team.


Monday, August 25th, 2014 (06:42) patrick dumais || Client Is there any development on this?


Monday, August 25th, 2014 (09:39)James Burkowitz || Staff Hello, We do not offer refunds. We can either solve the problem or can added payment as credit in your account. I have reset the root password.


Monday, August 25th, 2014 (10:48)patrick dumais || Client ok then is it possible to cancel the VM and credit the amount in my account so I can use it to continue paying for my other VM?


Monday, August 25th, 2014 (12:56) James Burkowitz || Staff Hello, I am assigning your ticket to our billing team.


Monday, August 25th, 2014 (18:57)Chris Fabozzi || Staff You are all set, account credit added Regards


Monday, August 25th, 2014 (21:19)patrick dumais || Client OMG! You've terminated the wrong VM! I hope my image isn't lost. Please terminate the VM that this ticket is refering to and put back the other one.



http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment