Need advice on my website

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Note: I am a newbie admin. Please be kind to me.


I am hosting about 5 domains on a single web server (nginx +php-fpm). All working well for many months. (600 visitors a day combined)


Suddenly, last Friday, NGINX is reporting 504 gateway timeout. I try restarting nginx and php, and my website worked. After a minute or two, 504 again.


I repeated several times restarting, but with the same result.


When I try checked my logs, I discovered the problem. One of my domain is being accessed multiple times a second. And it has been for several hours (8hrs) And it overwhelms php-fpm.


The surprising thing is, this domain is idle. Just a blank wordpress. It is also un-interesting as it is in my native local language.


What could be a possible reason for this?


And because I am a genius admin, I deleted my logs, and can't anylyze much now. I just removed the site from my vps.


Any hint on what I need to put on iptables or nginx to prevent this?


http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z

0 comments:

Post a Comment