Before I begin, I'm not sure if this is against the rules, please do tell me / take down this post if it is.
Basically I got a SoftLayer VPS (London) and I have like 3-4 more days left till the end of the cycle. No more use for the server so I thought I'd have some kind of experiment.
With nothing better to do, I got Virtualizor running on it, and I have lots of spare resources. Node is running on 2x 2.1GHz Intel Xeon-IvyBridge (E5-2620-V2-HexCore) - That's 24 cores. 32GB RAM 1TB Disk (No RAID, sorry, but disk is so blazing fast at 1TB/s for DD /dev/zero I wonder if it's an SSD instead of a HDD as what they claim)
Anyway, Here's the deal. 3-4 more days of server left, drop a message here with your email and I'll send you your server details. Created manually, provisioned using Virtualizor. No WHMCS or whatever nonsense, no billing, and till I figure out how it works, no control panel too. Well I doubt you'll need to reboot it anyway. All yours until the entire server goes poof, which is gonna happen some time on 16 August depending on SoftLayer. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA. PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD ANY CRITICAL DATA. THERE IS NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER. Just a plain shell in fact.
You get an OVZ server with: 8GB RAM (please don't fill it all up, or I'll end up with OOM because I am 'overselling'), 8 CPU cores and 5GB of disk (because I accidentally formatted my disk too tiny). Bandwidth is 1Gbps unlimited, but I doubt you can do much in 3 days. OS is CentOS 6.
TL;DR, just a fun experiment to see what abuse people hurl onto servers when no one faults them for it. Do anything you want, disturb all the neighbours you want. Heck, even try hacking into the host itself. I haven't hardened the server yet anyway. Really, up to you. Strictly no spam, though, please. Port 25 is blocked. Edit: No disruptions to the network. Abusers will be captured and tortured. There is a soft cap of a few Terabytes which should be more than enough.
I have 9 IPs available, so 9 people can grab a server. Just leave your email address here. First come, first served.
P.S. I'm going offline now, so I'll provision it when I come online later. Use a spam email address if you are worried about anything.
Main server IP is 5.10.104.36 but there's no looking glass whatsoever. There isn't even a homepage.
Final note: Admins if this is not allowed please feel free to remove it. Thanks.
http://ift.tt/1dvHQ0Z
0 comments:
Post a Comment